[SML] ground history

NODEraser noderaser at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:13:36 UTC 2021

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 9:25 AM Joe via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> It was only a few years ago that Pennsylvania enacted a statewide building code.  So I imagine electrical codes have varied considerably over time and location.

Even today, it is up to each state (and in some states, each county)
to specify which version of the NEC to adhere to. So yes, I imagine
that it would be pretty difficult for home inspectors and the like to
know which version a structure should have been built to, without some
local knowledge.

https://www.nema.org/docs/default-source/technical-document-library/nec-adoption-map.pdf

1962 sounded right to me, but as noted above it may have been some
years before it was standard across the country.

https://activerain.com/blogsview/5316746/the-history-of-grounded-receptacle-in-residential

[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer
-Purveyor of Classic Apple & Macintosh Gear
http://www.hsiprodsvcs.com/
http://www.macshack.us/