[SML] Fly system SWP, SOPs, P&P?

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Tue Sep 21 23:28:58 UTC 2021

Thanks Bill

Before I start cutting different lengths of rope off the spool to see how much I need to make the loop, any thoughts of how much rope should I start with?

10’ loops to < 5’ which seems short in my mind.
20’ loops to < 10’ which after the joining knot at the tails, pluss the prussic, still seems long.

13 – 15’??

Oh, I had a look today, and the operating line is a black twisted rope (not a smooth “modern” climbing style of rope).  Does that make a difference when using a snub knot?

I know there is the manufacturer’s binder in the venue which will have a bunch of info I need to read.  I just haven’t got there yet, and am looking further out to make plans to make our professional upgrades to the space.

Yes, zat helps.

thanks

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director, Head Lighting Technician
Chan Centre

Phone 604 822 2372
andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:andrew.riter at ubc.ca>