[SML] [EXTERNAL] Re: Software for theatrical lighting

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Fri Sep 24 02:14:02 UTC 2021

Yes! I have done movers on an Express 48/96. That was funback in the 90’s. Still did it in the early 2000’s cause we didn’t have the money for a newer board. Though I am sorry to say I don’t have an answer to the software question.
Sorry.

Jeffrey Kanyuck
Technical Director
Harford Community College
401 Thomas Run Road
Bel Air, MD  21085
Cellphone 410-322-5905<tel:410-322-5905>

________________________________
From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of Steven Haworth via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 7:13 PM
To: Stagecraft Mailing List <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Steven Haworth <haworth7 at gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [SML] Software for theatrical lighting

Please use caution: This email was generated outside of HCC.

Hobbit, you bring some memories for me.  Years ago now I did a quite complex theatre show on an Express using 8 StudioColors and a pile of conventionals, and actually it worked just fine.
The saving grace was learning to edit cues in spreadsheet mode - so I could set colors & position during move-in-black moments. But all those had to be thought out manually, and carefully edited.
And giving each mover it's own submaster page.  Sigh... memories. :-)