[SML] Foam fire extinguishers....PROPS!

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Mon Aug 22 23:15:30 UTC 2022

Never done one myself.    Foam extinguishers are a pretty rare item
outside of the petroleum industry, so sourcing one from your local FD is
going to be difficult.  At the heart of it, it's a soapy solution that
is filled full of air to create foam and projected at the target.

If it can be projected from offstage at close range   Can of shaving
cream and a stagehand, velocity assist from compressed air blowgun.

If the device can be shaken really well just prior to use, then maybe
take a conventional water stream extinguisher, fill with maybe half a
gallon of soapy water, maybe a little glycerin to slow the drying
process, and pressurize with compressed air.   Shake well, lather.
Cleanup is shower and regular laundry and mop and bucket.

If you can't shake it up just before, then replicate a snow machine
nozzle.   Fine cloth sock, pump to meter out soapy water to the sock.
High pressure fan to push air from inside the sock to create bubbly foam
on outside of sock,  High speed fan blowing over outside of sock to
strip the foam off and fling it at the target.

Good luck with the project.  Share the details and maybe some video of
the final device with us and the HSTech website.

Dale