[SML] Jobs at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

Michael Sauder michael.sauder at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 23:02:55 UTC 2022

The list gods must hate me, this is my 5th attempt over the last month
to send a variation of this out, I haven't seen it show up once. If
I've been spamming the list, someone please let me know!

MSG Sphere in Las Vegas is hiring our senior technical managers as we
prepare for a Fall 2023 opening. MSG Sphere is a cutting edge venue,
with the world's largest video screen (4 acres! 160,000 tiles!),
largest media server playback system (170 servers!), and the largest
sound system (160,000 channels! 2,000 speakers!). It is, in a word,
bonkers.

The positions I selfishly care about most, because they report to me, are:

Senior Manager Production Systems
https://jobs.msgentertainment.com/entertainment/jobs/17942?lang=en-us
A multi-disciplinary entertainment technologist well versed in all
things theatrical and IT; if it sits on a stage and plugs into a
network, you can do something with it. Handles our 4.5 petabyte NAS,
VMWare ESXi cluster, show control, and other TBD systems including
drones, lasers, motion capture, etc.

Senior Manager Playback Systems
https://jobs.msgentertainment.com/entertainment/jobs/17794?lang=en-us
Manage the largest 7thSense installation in the world (and probably
largest of any media server vendor), with over 170 servers. 7thSense
experience is NOT required, but must be an EXPERT (I emphasize EXPERT)
in media servers such as Disguise, Pandora's Box, etc.

Senior Manager Display Systems
https://jobs.msgentertainment.com/entertainment/jobs/17941?lang=en-us
Manage the largest LED video screen in the world, totaling 4 acres in
size with over 160,000 individual tiles. Oh, and it's a sphere, not
flat. Neat, eh? Bring your climbing gear to scale the surface, unless
you know of a 300' boom lift.

In the coming months we will be hiring the staff to support all of the
above managers, so take note even if you (or someone you know) doesn't
have the top experience we're looking for for these particular roles.

The following two positions don't report to me directly, but to my
boss and we'll be working closely together.

Senior Director Technical Productions -
https://jobs.msgentertainment.com/entertainment/jobs/17792?lang=en-us
Provide leadership, direction, and management for all departments
related to the production of live events, technical event services,
and stage management and production. Will oversee the Event Production
technical department heads (lighting, audio, etc).

Director Audio Systems -
https://jobs.msgentertainment.com/entertainment/jobs/17793?lang=en-us
Manage the largest audio system in the world, based on over 2,000
Holoplot speakers capable of playing 160,000 channels driven by
Merging Ovation.

You can view all currently open jobs by going to
https://www.msgentertainment.com/careers/ and selecting "Las Vegas"
for the position. The official website for MSG Sphere is, oddly
enough, https://www.msgsphere.com/, but it's a pretty lame site so
just google around, it's a pretty amazing space.

All positions start at over $120k, how much over depends greatly on
experience, with excellent benefits.

Feel free to reach out to me directly, I'll answer whatever questions I can.

Michael Sauder
Director of Production Systems
MSG Sphere Las Vegas