[SML] Primo LED fixtures

John Palmer johndpalmer at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 11 18:53:00 UTC 2022

Some more info on the Primos.
They sell direct.  I believe list price is about $400.00.  They offered a discount for quantity orders.
They have a wireless (WDMX, IIRC) version.  I went with the wired DMX version that uses RJ45 connectors.  While the connector is not as rugged as an XLR,  I felt that it would be easier to make the connection inside the back of the PAR can.
They fit in our aluminum lamp bar cans and steel Altman cans.
There are a variety of lens and diffuser options.  Today, I am using a wider diffuser to try to cover my whole 48’x36’.
I use them in their DMX Mixer mode.  It gives me control of each color.  Their four color mode which used RGBW seemed good, but I found that I could adapt a calibrated five color fixture to use.
There is a Bluetooth module that allows for more settings.  It was a little tricky to work with at first, but I got used to it.
I have some ideas to share with them, but I haven’t gotten a chance to discuss them, yet.
I have lots of ideas for what I want to do long term.  We will see what I end up getting money to buy.

John