[SML] High pass filter for 70v speakers...

mouse at fieldmousepro.com mouse at fieldmousepro.com
Sat Dec 10 03:26:37 UTC 2022

A 150 Hz high-pass should be plenty, if the bass is really what's
causing the problems.

On the other hand, it sounds kinda like your high-pass filter is a
passive unit of some sort. If it needs to see a 4-ohm or 8-ohm load,
then it won't do much when hooked up to a 70v speaker, which has a much
higher impedance.

You could also inspect your speakers & see if they're damaged/torn.

Some ideas for ya.
Stephen