[SML] Global Truss Quick Rig Clamp

Greg Bierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Fri Jun 10 00:31:16 UTC 2022

I have used this style by a couple of different manufactures.  It is my preferred clamp for movers.  I find it very useful when I need to rooster the fixture.   I underhang the unit and tighten the clamp till it is snug but can still rotate around the pipe, make sure the safety cables are in place and then rotate the fixture to the vertical (roostered) position, then completely tighten the clamp.  Mega-Claw clamps, that seem to be the standard in the industry, always fight me getting them on and off the pipe.  I find the Quick Rig tends to cost a little more but in my opinion goes on and off the pipe so much easier.

Just my $.02

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Coordinator
Hempfield High School
(Until September if someone is looking to relocate to South central PA for a TD gig)