[SML] Haze machine

faker200 at netins.net faker200 at netins.net
Tue Mar 29 16:26:46 UTC 2022

Hello all,

I am doing research for the posiblity of buying a haze machine.  My
alto-ego asked this question on the FB side, so I will ask here as well
go into more detail.

One of the theatre group I work with is gearing up to a production with
a rock concert vibe (Rock of Ages).  In in effort to create the lighting
effects from a (good) concert, I came across the topic of hazer
machines.  No one in the group that I know about, has any experince with
Hazers.  So I have a few questions.

1)  What are the best brands to look at on a shoe string budget?  From
the research I have done so far, I think I would prefer a water based
one.  HAs any one tried the DIY versions I have seen on youtube?

2)  The artist director asked about reside?  Will it make the stage
slick or sticky at any point in time?  From what I have read, water
based will not at anytime, oil based might if you had a rock concert
playing in the space every night for a week or more.  What is you
experince?

3)  Any concern in regards to placement with a live band or lighting?

4)  Has it been know to trigger breathing problems?  (Like a patron with
asthma)

We have a small space, around 140 seats.  Concerns about setting of the
fire alarm have already been dealt with.

I look forward to responces.

Clay Ross

Pro-dreamer