[SML] Shrek Bird?

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Mon May 16 23:02:56 UTC 2022

On 5/16/2022 2:34 PM, Bill Potter via Stagecraft wrote:
> My sister-in-law is helping with a production of Shrek and has asked me about an “explodable bird”.
>
> Anyone done Shrek and have any thoughts on this one?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill in NH
If I recall the gag from the movie, the bird inflates bigger and bigger
until it explodes like a balloon.   So find a bird shaped balloon.  go
to a homebrewing store and buy one of those carbonating devices that use
the little 16 gram CO2 cartridges.  They have a trigger to release the
gas.  Rig an adapter from carbonating device to the balloon.   Train the
actie to squeeze the trigger on the device on cue and briefly so you can
inflate and then explode on demand.   Musical sound effects to cover the
hissing of the device.

Finding the bird shaped balloons and decorating it to be more birdlike
will probably be the hardest part.

Dale