[SML] pipe sizes sorted by by DIA

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:14:40 UTC 2022

Thanks for the scrutiny.

"Black" is Sched 40   (PVC is also Sched 40)

I do show 1.610 ID  for both 1-1/2 EMT and Sched40 Black,
I do not see any  1.500 dia in the  list, where do you see it ?

All numbers are of course Nominal,
 no accounting for mfg tolerances   and surface conditions.

On Thu, Sep 1, 2022 at 12:33 PM Bill Conner via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Are you sure of those numbers?  Also various types of black iron -
> Schedule 10, 40, 80, 160  1 1/2" steel pipe for instance have varying
> dimensions. And common 1 1/2" schedule 40 has an ID of 1.61", and you chart
> seems to suggest it's 1.5. Iirc 11/2 is some schedule made a nice sleeve -
> I used for pivots - with 1 1/4 of some schedule.  The seam fillet can mess
> things up.
>
> Useful chart and perhaps I'm wrong but I think it needs some tweaks.
>

> On Thu, Sep 1, 2022, 11:10 AM Dan Sheehan via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> working on a project for which I want concentric tubes
>> so I put this list together
>>

>> --
>> ...Dan Sheehan
>> Fixer of things that break