[SML] What's up for the Fall, ya'all?

Stephen Rees Stephen.Rees at fredonia.edu
Tue Sep 6 20:18:02 UTC 2022

Entering my 12th year retired from academia and my 6th year away from
Project Shepherd for the major addition/renovation of our Fine Arts
Building at SUNY-Fredonia.

Entering our 7th year as volunteers for Revitalize Dunkirk, Inc where a
group of the "Usual Suspects" provide advocacy, planning, materials and
labor in creating numerous native perennial planting beds around the city
in addition to writing (and getting!) grants for such things a bicycle air
pumps, trash/recycle bins, etc. in the city.  This is damned tiring but
fulfilling nonetheless.

Most immediate project is the reconstruction of a two-tiered raised bed
planting site where most of the stacking concrete block walls have
collapsed in the past year.  Rebuild will start in late September when the
heat is gone.

Actually doing two sort of theatre related bits. One a second pro bono
examination of the performance space at a local catholic elementary school
school. A repeat of one I did about 20 years ago and I don't think any of
my recommendations were heeded. Second time is hopefully a charm. As well,
I agreed to spec some LED lighting fixtures for a small local performance
venue that is doing great things on a limited budget.  You may see me here
regarding that project shortly/

Have a grand year y'all!!
Steve

Stephen E. Rees,
Professor Emeritus of Theatre - SUNY Fredonia
CCE-CC Master Gardener Volunteer
716.680.1565 Mobile