[SML] Safety of carbon fiber masks/heads

Ole Stigaard ole at stigaard.net
Wed Sep 7 19:00:14 UTC 2022

I drive a carbon fiber Velomobile, and from my experience, you do NOT want
any contact with unsealed carbon fibers. The single fibers are like minute
needles, and from my own painful lessons after a crash, they tend to cause
infections where the skin get penetrated. Imagine a dancer with needlepoint
size infections all over the face.
If the fibers are covered in a layer of resin though, I see no problem at
all!

Ole