[SML] Real Dimmable LED replacements or alternatives

Greg Bierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Wed Aug 2 20:42:23 UTC 2023

Luxapel (formerly Luxium) and Canto were both companies I looked into a number of years ago that looked promising.  Just came across this page while searching for the new name of Luxapel that I can never remember.
https://goknight.com/blog/how-do-i-convert-my-existing-dimmable-house-lights-to-leds-for-auditoriums-churches-meeting-rooms-schools-and-theatres/
How do I Convert My Existing Dimmable House Lights To LEDs For Auditoriums, Churches, Meeting Rooms, Schools, And Theatres?
goknight.com
I replaced a 100’ run of rope light with an LED version that also had a single fixture with 2 - 60w lamps on the same Colortran ENR dimmer.  I needed to keep them incandescent.  If I replaced them with dimmable LED the entire circuit would flicker when dimmed.  I am guessing a CD80 might need some kind of ghost load to allow for smooth dimming.(just a guess)

Greg Bierly