[SML] Perhaps an easy ETC EOS question....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Aug 30 22:06:30 UTC 2023

Hi folks - here's a question that I hope is an easy one. And/or maybe
someone has a suggestion or trick or two.... I bet this is dealt with all
the time with people who move a show from venue to venue, but want/need to
keep the same cue lists....

In the ETC EOS world, are cues referencing just channels, or is it
referencing patch data? Here's what I need to do... let's say I have a
S4LED (multi-parameter light) patched into Channel 1. But I need to change
its DMX address/universe. Can I/Do I just un-patch the old address, and
re-patch that light (with the new DMX addy) into Channel 1, and every cue
that references Channel 1 will function as before?  Or does changing the
DMX address unravel cue lists in some way?

Just checking before I cause serious damage.... :)

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com