[SML] Academic position

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Mon Jan 16 15:26:08 UTC 2023

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 6:59 AM Dougherty, Jim via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

>If institutions are looking at “market rate” for positions and compare to positions that pay $40k for full time work and teaching, then they need to see that there are actually positions out there that pay differently for that kind of work.  Matching the market works great unless the market traditionally undervalues the work that we do, especially if comparing to jobs that pay much better for the same skills.

Good luck with that.  It's been my experience that an institution will
take the "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." In other words,
they'll continue paying their current employees the same, until they
retire/die, then when faced with "Market Rates" when trying to replace
them, they'll figure out something.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com