[SML] Academic position

Joe Golden jgolden at gallagherstaging.com
Mon Jan 16 15:40:22 UTC 2023

You credited the wrong Joe, I think it was Wilson who said this.Joe Golden
-------- Original message --------From: "Dougherty, Jim via Stagecraft" <stagecraft at theatrical.net> Date: 1/16/23  6:58 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: stagecraft at theatrical.net Cc: "Dougherty, Jim" <jdougher at middlebury.edu> Subject: Re: [SML] Academic position

Joe Golden wrote:

“Minimum $90K with full benefits as an adjunct?  Let me send that listing to
my dean....”

By all means, do it.  If institutions are looking at “market rate” for positions and compare to positions that pay $40k for full time work and teaching, then they need to see that there are actually positions out there that pay differently for that kind of
 work.  Matching the market works great unless the market traditionally undervalues the work that we do, especially if comparing to jobs that pay much better for the same skills.

- Jim Dougherty
Middlebury College Theatre Dept.