[SML] Sprung floor specs

Bill Potter bpotter at sps.edu
Tue Jan 17 16:22:52 UTC 2023

Howdy Listers,

Without consulting me, our school purchased a “portable” sprung floor to cover the stage of our 1951 stageatorium. Now we’re having to deal with all the consequences of how “everybody else” uses the space.

My actual question is, are there any actual guidelines/specs for measuring the give or spring of a floor used for ballet? I can find all kinds on info on sprung floors, but no actual specs on how much “give” is appropriate. The happy medium between too hard and too springy seems to be “just right”. Hard to measure that...

Thanks,

Bill Potter
Arts Technical Director
St. Paul’s School