[SML] Android tablet OK for sound board app?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Mon Jan 30 17:10:11 UTC 2023

Very wisely done. I concur with everything you wrote, and indeed we
keep our various networks (lighting, sound, video) separate from the
campus-wide networks.... in our case, our head of IT is capricious as
to when he pokes his gavel into the discussion....  (pardon the mixed
metaphors)  Most of the time, he understands and trusts "us."  *And
he's a nice guy - a guy I do like and respect, but sometimes he goes
on power trips.  Typically, it's because he wasn't part of the
conversation from the beginning, so he throws passive-aggressive
tantrums. :)

Our potential suitors, I mean vendors for the sound gear, wouldn't
bid/include iPad or the WAP, because they all said we'd be getting the
same price by buying off the shelf, or with a discount in the
educational system (and with government dollars).  And we also assumed
this wouldn't be a "problem," since we are NOT relying on
district-wide IT/network for this.  <sigh>

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com