[SML] Torches for stage ( NO FLAME )

Greg Bierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Tue Jan 31 05:06:31 UTC 2023

In 2020 I had purchased these silk torches for a production where I needed a large number of torches quickly.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K7CNOQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K7CNOQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
They worked OK but were not very robust and were a little sketchy.  Plan on buying 25” more than you need.

I had purchased a couple of these thinking I might use them in set dressing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GZP1S5B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GZP1S5B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
But I needed one additional torch.  We flipped it over hot glued it to a cardboard tube handle, wrapped with with a translucent “solo cup” and shot it with a bronze spray paint and wrapped some Rosco 100 around the top (with roughed up edges) to soften and extend the “flame”

Greg Bierly