[SML] floor pockets or drop boxes

Phil Johnson corpus.crispy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 01:17:38 UTC 2023

My floor pockets rusted out and it was looking like a lot of money to rewire them. So I went with wall pockets mounted about 12 feet in the air. That way if I needed them run to the ground I could, but what I usually did was ran them to a pick and then up to the electrics or two lighting trees that I needed to use for dance And other things. The wall pockets were useful at that height, because they could be picked higher than the scenery that needed to move in,. The old place for the floor pockets was not a good spot when we needed to move scene re-over it. This was a better solution and was cost-effective.  They had to run new circuits anyway and this was easier than running drop boxes. I never got around to making a spider that would run each of the three circuits to wherever I needed them. And as it turned out, I needed to split the circuits occasionally. It was very useful.  I ended up putting an eyeball on the wall so that I could create a strain relief so the cables wouldn’t pull on the plugs.  I ended up putting an eyeball on the wall so that I could create a strain relief so the cables wouldn’t pull on the plugs and that was very helpful. The thing about Dropbox is is that you need to constantly be aware of the strain, relief, and the c clamps on them coming loose I know my students were often paying attention, but I would have to pay attention to stuff like that.