[SML] Dimmable Medium Screw Base LED lamps

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Wed May 3 21:10:42 UTC 2023

Check in with Vancouver Civic Theatres.  Orpheum Theatre specifically.

Brendan was one of the Head Electricians, now TD for all venues.  He was Head LX at the Orpheum.

The city, without informing the venue, went and changed all the chandelier and sconces from normal to LED versions.

It was not a roaring success.

Brendan (and Leonard before him) did a lot of work, making profiles, setting max levels (the LEDs were blinding), etc., trying to massage something better.

Talk to Brendan, and see what advice and solutions he has.  I don't know if there is a perfect product for you, or if you can only adapt and improvise.

Good luck

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director, Head Lighting Technician
Chan Centre

Phone 604 822 2372
andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:andrew.riter at ubc.ca>