[SML] Battery inverter backup

Kenneth Zinkl kzinkl at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 4 03:36:00 UTC 2023

I've got a space that has an inverter battery backup for emergency lighting
and it is currently malfunctioning and beeping constantly. The on duty
engineer and myself were unable to silence the alarm and the beep can be
heard in the house. Of course I have a lecture in the morning that won't be
loud enough to cover the beep. We're hoping to shut it down but worried
about taking out house lights. If a normal wiring path exists would
shutting down the inverter take out the house lights? If it matters the
dimmers are from ETC and a mix of normal dimmers and other modules that dim
LED house lights. TIA

Also posted on Facebook SML group