[SML] Battery inverter backup

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 16:29:55 UTC 2023

It's hard to say.  There are systems and designs that will do that.  Taking
down might also send a signal to the fire department.  I'd have to look at
the building's electrical plans and the details of the gear.  I always put
these in a "dimmer room" (which should be called non-dimmer room or relay
rack room today) for noise concerns.  I think some of latest systems would
do that, but its been 5 or 6 years since I designed one so not sure.  Try
it and see what happens.

I think he UPS's I used also had an alarm silence - drilling through the
menu.  You might try that.  Best if you could talk to manufacturer's tech
support while doing it.

(I think you may have already had you class since you posted
around midnightFriday?  How did it go?)

On Fri, Nov 3, 2023 at 11:38 PM Kenneth Zinkl via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I've got a space that has an inverter battery backup for emergency
> lighting and it is currently malfunctioning and beeping constantly. The on
> duty engineer and myself were unable to silence the alarm and the beep can
> be heard in the house. Of course I have a lecture in the morning that won't
> be loud enough to cover the beep. We're hoping to shut it down but worried
> about taking out house lights. If a normal wiring path exists would
> shutting down the inverter take out the house lights? If it matters the
> dimmers are from ETC and a mix of normal dimmers and other modules that dim
> LED house lights. TIA
>
> Also posted on Facebook SML group

Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC