[SML] Battery inverter backup

Kenneth Zinkl kzinkl at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 4 20:53:28 UTC 2023

I got a lot of good suggestions and advice on the email side and Facebook
group. This inverter is just for the auditorium lights. All of the other
life safety equipment is on other battery systems or the backup generator.
The auditorium is a very small part of the overall building. We suffered
through the event on Saturday night as we discovered the issue during open
hours and didn't want to experiment while we were open. Today we were able
to dig a little deeper into the unit while we were still closed and found 3
disconnects. Mains, emergency, and battery. We disconnected mains and
battery to get the alarm to stop. All staff in and around the space were
told of the issue and were instructed to provide emergency lighting if
needed and I had a battery powered LED video light ready to go. On Monday
the full engineering staff will look at the inverter and if they can't
service the unit a service call will be placed.

Thanks all for your help.

Ken