[SML] Fire Alarm Impairment

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Tue Oct 3 19:36:47 UTC 2023

Hi Jonanthan

(writing from Canada, with a 26 year old system, YMMV)

In our scenarios, there isn’t a “switch on a wall.”  The Fire Life Safety electrician for the university comes over (“Fire Watch”), and on the main panel bypasses certain activation systems (smoke detectors).

I expect any main control panel can do this, depending on the age and technological level of the main panel.

Is that your type of panel, or do you have something simpler (and not adaptable?)

Good luck

Andrew M. Riter
Chan Centre

604-808-2033 (working from home)