[SML] Fire Alarm Impairment

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:04:22 UTC 2023

I believe most modern fire alarm systems would allow disabling notification
for a specific time period.  I don't think that's the issue (other than
perhaps the cost of having it programmed once.)

But it is asking the authority to permit something that, while it makes
sense and is not uncommon, is not called out in codes and standards.

fwiw, I was at an NFPA event, maybe an annual meeting, and there was a haze
effect and the silenced the alarm.

Bill