[SML] VW Objects not displaying after insertion

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Thu Oct 26 03:54:47 UTC 2023

Steve Shelly provided a clue:

The symbols are built with their own Class and Layer.

First insertion of that symbol creates the Class and Layer, BUT DOESN’T AUTOMATICALLY MAKE THAT CLASS / LAYER VISIBLE.  All good now (except I THINK there is a toggle for that, but I don’t know where that is hidden (Show Layers/Classes when Created).

( I learn a long time ago that newly created layers don’t show up in Saved Views, so I need to edit the View each time.  OK (sort of, but I learned that).

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director, Head Lighting Technician
Chan Centre

Phone 604 822 2372
andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:andrew.riter at ubc.ca>