[SML] Motor protection

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Thu Oct 26 12:26:30 UTC 2023

The CIS countries through China are all 220/380 as far as I know.  The
only lower voltage is 110V from step-down transformers.  They are divide
by 2 so our USA stuff runs a bit slow but otherwise fine.

Where we are the power is pretty stable except during storms. With all
the spare cash floating around EVERYTHING is being repaired/upgraded.
So our entire power system in town is being upgraded.  That leads to
some scheduled outages.  Same with water.

We were recently in Armenia, there it was a guess how long we'd have
power and/or water during the day.  Also the Internet and cell phones
would go out without warning.

We were also in Cape Town for a while visiting a client.  There are
scheduled power failures EVERY day that last for hours.  But, the water
stayed on and we cooked with LP gas (5kg bottle).