[SML] box booms

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 15:12:01 UTC 2024

I'm working with an architect who is resisting having a lighting position
on the cheek walls of a new 700 seat theatre with 15' of forestage. I
showed horizontal rails, vertical rails, and coves with and without access
behind. He showed on picture of a HS theate without.  And the school does
pride themselves on the their performing arts program.

First, a lesson. Once you retire, don't un-retire no matter what, even for
just one gig.

So, group, should I keep insisting on a box boom lighting position or give
up?

I have a rail on the rear wall also, a "balcony rail" position, which I'm
guessing will get attacked also.  I just keep remembering Tom Skelton
saying repeatedly "rail is best".

Thanks!