[SML] Torqueing truss

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Sat Mar 2 03:01:06 UTC 2024

And the bolts are stupid expensive, so the temptation to continue using
damaged bolts and nuts, or skimping on the washers, or using lower grade
nuts and bolts is large.   I spent more time than I care to try and add
up running truss bolts and scrapping the ones that some hamfisted
gorilla cross threaded, and instead of backing off when encountering
resistance, just kept cranking it down.

Dale