[SML] Big bunches of mics: digital or analog?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Tue Mar 12 22:58:34 UTC 2024

Going out to those who use 12-24 wireless mics at a time (a la
singy-dancy skits) - How do you feel about digital UHF mics? Like
Shure gear?  We've got a couple of QLX-D handhelds we use for general
PA stuff, and *I* can't sense any latency, at least for the talking
heads, and the occasional singer.... but those of you who do lots of
musicals or such.... have you used a bevy of QLX-D packs? Any latency
that just makes it a "bad idea?"

If it's a "bad idea," what's a "good idea" that's still available, and
looks to be available for the next 200 years? (Which will be about the
time the PTB give me the go-ahead to replace them.)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com