[SML] Rigging inspections & OSHA

Risk Intl. - Dr. Randall W.A. Davidson rdavidson at riskit.com
Wed Dec 10 21:32:00 UTC 2014

I have, as most people in our industry know, been conducting Rigging Risk Assessments and Analysis for more than half a century....and have maintained a close connection with DOL OSHA...and the 1926 Construction group....I have based my inspections, assessments on the requirement of the DOl OSHA 1910, meaning that there must be a safe working environment for all who work with rigging....and have that affirmed many times in my work with FED OSHA and numerous state OSHA departments. If the rigging is used and maintained, a annual inspection is highly recommended just to make sure that the system is following the guidelines for equipment and safe operations. Dr. Davidson (Dr. Doom).

Dr. Randall W.A. Davidson, Product Liability and Risk Management Assessor at Risk International - www.riskit.com. Focused & Integrated Solutions to Global Problems - www.globalhealthandsafety.net. ISETSA - International Secondary Education Theater Health & Safety Association - www.isetsa.org.