[SML] Theater Festivals

Mick Alderson alderson at uwosh.edu
Sat Dec 13 07:52:31 UTC 2014

> On Dec 11, 2014, at 2:32 PM, Rick Clever via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> I have been asked to TD a show that is going to a festival. I have
> never done this and I want to do it right. Any tips or pointer? It is
> KCACTF

I've got one of those coming up myself. We have already scheduled several setup/strike rehearsals, but probably not enough of them. :-) I'm trying to reduce the set to as few loose pieces as possible, but it's a proppy show and that isn't easy.

Of course, by the time we actually load the truck, most of the cast and crew will already be at Festival. Truck pack will be done by the costume shop staff who _aren't_ going to Festival and anyone else we can snag. Having done KCACTF all of once before (but MANY shows as a local IA hand), I'd say to plan your truck pack as carefully as practical. It isn't easy to balance how things fit in the truck with the order you will need them to get set up, but whatever you can do will save time you will be glad you have later. Time is always the most precious commodity. Spend time NOW to save time on load-in.

--
Mick Alderson
TD, Fredric March Theatre