[SML] Gas or Electric for Dryers

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Dec 18 19:08:56 UTC 2014

On 12/18/2014 09:29 AM, Riter, Andrew via Stagecraft wrote:
> When replacing our hot water heater a few years ago, we asked about
> the On-demand HW systems (electric). The answer was that is best
> suited to a gas system, because the electric version of on-demand
> requires more power than typically wired into the house.

You'll find that the on-demand heaters also often require re-piping the
gas since then need a lot NOW, then are off the rest of the time.  Sort
of like using a drag racer to go to the corner store.

In California we're required to use on-demand heaters with any
remodeling and all new construction.  I've seen people getting around
the downsides of these by adding a storage tank and recirculating pump.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand