[SML] Seiki TV/monitor

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Mon Nov 10 23:07:33 UTC 2014

The TV for our house arrived today.  Plugged it into the never-used HDMI
port on our PVR and works great.  Plugged it into the laptop VGA with a
15' cord...also looks great.

Haven't tried the analog or component inputs yet but will hook up the
VHS later, assume they work fine.  The PVR can output in NTSC or PAL,
the TV displays both with no problem.  Haven't tried the tuner either,
will test later.

One thing, the default is to stretch everything to WIDE screen.  I was
flipping channels I ran across a soap opera with some ...heavy... people
on it.  Stretching that image wasn't something I wanted to see.  It's
now set to leave the image alone and letterbox as needed.

So, many thanks to the person who suggested this brand.

Oh, and the UPS guy said he's still using his old Sony tube TV.  It
works, he's fine with that.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand