[SML] house light control systems recommendations needed

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Sat Nov 29 19:48:10 UTC 2014

Hi everyone

What is your house light controller / architectural control system?

I'm starting to gather data to replace the 3 Strand Premiere systems in my 3 venues.

What have you got?
What's good about it?
What's bad about it?

Recommendations?

Things to look out for?

I need DMX output for my dimmers (or Vision Net for my C21 dimmer processors).
Multi rooms per venue, multi switches per room, wide range of station types (1, 2, 4, 8, >8 button, LCD, and fader stations)
Off line editor for programming.
must fit existing wiring system.

ETC has 4 levels of unison
Strand has Vision Net

What else is out there that is actually usable?
(Lightolier, Leviton, Lightronics, Johnson, Lehigh)
And then, once it's done in the next 3 years, who wants spare parts for their own premiere system? Lotsa switches??

Thanks for the advice / recommendations.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
6265 Crescent Road
Vancouver, BC
V6T 1Z1