[SML] Windows Weirdness

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Sun Oct 12 23:34:51 UTC 2014

Programs are supposed to work?  And what's this testing thing you mention?

{
Programmers don't like working for me, I require standardized code with
comments and error checking on just about everything.  But then, I make
embedded devices that are expected to be powered up for years with no
errors.
}

On 10/12/2014 02:12 PM, Richard Niederberg wrote:
> Dear Jerry,
> You KNOW why so much stuff requires Windows. Many 3rd party programs
> use extensive amount of code written in Windows, so they don't have to
> write and debug the code required for their applications; the DOS part
> is a tiny part of Windows. The 'Bloat' that is complained by some
> allows programmers to get away with writing and compiling less KLOCs
> [thousand lines of code] than would be otherwise be required to make
> the programs they are working on, work.
> /s/ Richard

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand