[SML] Any Eartec Comstar users?

Wayne Rasmussen rasmuw at blair.edu
Fri Oct 17 23:04:22 UTC 2014

We have the older Digicom belt packs and single ear headsets willed to us
from the football team.  We are able to use three of the four of them with
the interface into the Clear Com wired system.  I will admit that the
reception is not as good as the wired Clear Com, but it's acceptable.  I
don't like having the belt pack--it's heavy.  We have lost two cords to a
manual turntable-spinning mechanism.  The cost was $1000 for the interface
but that was our only expense since we did inherit them.

The football team now has the Comstar headsets with all the electronics in
the ear.  They aren't light, but overall better than the belt pack system.
(The new belt packs are lighter if you choose to go with them.)  Voice
quality and reception is better than the old set we have, but I've not
tried them with our Clear Com, and we'd need a different interface.  One
advantage to the new sets is that you can run more than three headsets.

To join two recent threads together: phone jammers prevent one from using
the older Digicom units...

Wayne Rasmussen
Blair Academy