[SML] Preferred other than iPad?

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Sat Oct 25 00:30:32 UTC 2014

Jeff Drucker via Stagecraft wrote:
> +1 on Dave's response.
>
> I have had nothing but good experiences with the Apple Store.  FWIW, I
> have never used the so-called Genius Bar.  I've always made an
> appointment for service.  At the Albany, NY Apple Store the people who
> are tasked with the appointments seem to be more knowledgeable than the
> ones who are stationed at the bar.

Stores are only as good as their employees. When I was contemplating
buying an iPad, I went to the local Mac store (which evidently isn't
quite an Apple Store) and was roundly ignored by the half-dozen slackers
who were allegedly staffing it. A couple were seeing other customers,
granted, but the rest were hanging out chatting behind the service
counter and didn't even look up.

So I left and bought the thing on Amazon.

I'm told that should I have problems with it, I'd be better off driving
30 miles up the road to Salem, where the Apple Store folks are said to
be more customer-friendly.

--
Pat Kight
kightp at peak.org