[SML] OT: Folder synch between devices

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Sep 26 14:55:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 5:39 AM, Brian Munroe via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> So if there were a way, for instance, to tell Onedrive to synch
> specific folders under "
> my documents" that would be ideal.

I use OneDrive - love the massive amount of space for super-cheap. Yes, you
can get OD to sync a folder outside of the default OD folder... here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/windows-app-faq#1TC=other
In the example they give, you can 'redirect' a folder in your "My
Documents" to sync with OD. Which sounds like exactly what you want to do.

The only downside I have with OneDrive is on the Mac, is it will crash (and
crash hard) if it encounters a file name that exceeds 255 characters -
including the path.  Once in a while, I'll try to save a URL, and the title
of the web page might be something crazy like "Sixteen Ways To Pack For A
World Adventure And Still Fit It All In An Overhead Bin-With Pictures" and
OneDrive will give me an error, but also crash, and act like I have to set
it up all over again...

But, 27 gigs for 79 cents a month - I'll take it.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com