[SML] OT: Folder synch between devices

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Sep 26 15:10:44 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Jon Ares <jonares at arescreative.com> wrote:

> I use OneDrive - love the massive amount of space for super-cheap. Yes,
> you can get OD to sync a folder outside of the default OD folder... here:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/windows-app-faq#1TC=other
> In the example they give, you can 'redirect' a folder in your "My
> Documents" to sync with OD. Which sounds like exactly what you want to do.

Here's another link that gives good examples for using "symbolic links" in
OneDrive to sync files/folders outside of the OD directory.  Back when
OneDrive was SkyDrive (but after it was Fileshare/Foldershare/Windows Live
Sync/ and any number of other names) - there was a guy (Microsoft coder by
day) who wrote a shell extension that would give you sync-ability with just
right-clicking on a folder and selecting "Sync from here."  Worked great,
until they changed the name to OneDrive... but he (or someone out there)
may have updated the shell extension.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com