[SML] Safety tip.

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 24 17:35:29 UTC 2015

The fault currents in such a case can be very high. While they are
usually of very short duration, Steel is nowhere as good a conductor
as is copper. Steel has 28 times the resistance of copper, according
to my tables, and this implies 28 times the heating effect; as is well
known, steel gets weaker when it is heated.

On 24 April 2015 at 14:19, Dan Sheehan via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> so how much current does it take to fuse a what size wire rope ?
>
>> On Thursday, April 23, 2015, Dale Farmer via Stagecraft
>> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> The wire rope acts as a fusible link, and it's WLL goes to zero with a
>>> pop, followed moments later by a crash.
>
> --
> ...Dan Sheehan
> Fixer of things that break