[SML] Replacement Digital Camera

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Sun Aug 2 17:47:10 UTC 2015

Steve,

You 7 year old camera has been eclipsed technology-wise.   And there's
an overwhelming number of models to choose from.

I took Canon PowerShot SX520 to Italy this spring.  It has a 42x optical
zoom and an image stabilization like you wouldn't believe.   The picture
(link below) of the Ponte Vecchio bridge was taken from a mile away...
hand held.

And this model isn't even the largest zoom.   It too has been surpassed
by even newer models.   Nikon also has models similar.  A far cry from
what P&S use to mean.   It has all the modes of most SLRs.  Battery life
is good for all day unless you shoot flash a lot.  Just no viewfinder
(it uses a 3" screen") and the lens isn't interchangable.

https://sauve.smugmug.com/Trips/Italy-Overview-2015/i-v4Vt66R/0/XL/IMG_1149-XL.jpg

Alf - W4ADS