[SML] Replacement Digital Camera

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Sun Aug 2 17:57:46 UTC 2015

I sort of maxed out on my current camera needs with my old Olympus
FE-370.  I don't run it at highest resolution and it still takes
pictures like this
http://interstellar.com/photos/2015-07-15_Coast_Trip/Rancho_Del_Oso_Park/P7150002.JPG

That was on max zoom and hand held.

Takes good fireworks videos too.

Only problem is when it's plugged into the USB port it does NOT use any
USB power, so if I forget to unplug it the battery runs down.

On 08/02/2015 10:47 AM, Alf Sauve' via Stagecraft wrote:
> Steve,
>
> You 7 year old camera has been eclipsed technology-wise.   And there's
> an overwhelming number of models to choose from.
>
> I took Canon PowerShot SX520 to Italy this spring.  It has a 42x
> optical zoom and an image stabilization like you wouldn't believe.
> The picture (link below) of the Ponte Vecchio bridge was taken from a
> mile away... hand held.
>
> And this model isn't even the largest zoom.   It too has been
> surpassed by even newer models.   Nikon also has models similar.  A
> far cry from what P&S use to mean.   It has all the modes of most
> SLRs.  Battery life is good for all day unless you shoot flash a lot.
> Just no viewfinder (it uses a 3" screen") and the lens isn't
> interchangable.
>

> https://sauve.smugmug.com/Trips/Italy-Overview-2015/i-v4Vt66R/0/XL/IMG_1149-XL.jpg
>

> Alf - W4ADS
>

> On 8/2/2015 10:15 AM, Stephen Rees via Stagecraft wrote:
>> I've been using my Canon Powershot A1000is since about 2008 and have
>> been greatly satisfied with its features and the quality of images I
>> gotten.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand