[SML] Jigsaw recommendations... methods as well....

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Sun Aug 30 13:14:54 UTC 2015

> I prefer the Bosch barrel grip jigsaw which, for those,in the know, was originally called a "Scintilla" saw. …………….
> I find that the barrel grip fits my hand in a more natural position than the "D" handle.
>
> Paul 1

I've been  buying Bosch jigsaws for my shops since the mid 70's.  They last.   A Scintilla engineer invented the jigsaw, Bosch bought them in 1954 and has been building jigsaws ever since.   They've pretty much worked it out.   Good fit is important.  For student types, I find the D handle is easier for them to control.  They can use two hands if need be.  Fairly expensive. $159 at the big box store, blue or orange.  current model is a JS470E and "just for Paul 1"  has a lock on switch.

Makita's 4329K is not nearly  as robust but is quite light and hence is easy to use for scrolly work.  At "cheap"  price of $65 on Amazon….but you get what you pay for.

DickA
TD, Cornell U