[SML] Box Office/Ticketing Software

Andy Lang andy at ducksecho.com
Tue Feb 3 20:54:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Carl Underwood via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> The cost is 25-cents per seat sold not including subscription plan tickets
> or comps. As we don't have our own merchant cc account we use theirs to
> process on-line and off-line credit cards.

First, a huge disclaimer, I work for Figure 53, the creator of Tixato.
As mentioned, you can get to Tixato via the Figure53.com site, but the
direct URL is http://tixato.com

So, my affiliation being made clear up front, I want to point out that
tix.com's fees are only $0.25 for your direct box office sales.
They're $1.50 for online sales (and $3.50 for call center sales, if
you need that.)

Tixato is a flat $0.25 for any sales, in person or online. (We do not,
however, offer a call center.) Exceptions are subscriptions/season
passes, which are 5%, and free tickets, for which we don't charge a
fee at all. Credit card fees are whatever Stripe charges, which is
currently 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. (If you use Tix's merchant
account, it's 5%, but you can also BYO; I'd assume they support
Stripe, but don't know for sure.)

The other key difference with Tixato is that we do not allow you to
pass the service fee directly on to your audience as a separate fee.
We think that's dishonest, as you're advertising a $25 ticket, and
suddenly it's $27-30 or more when you they get to the checkout. You're
welcome to calculate the fee into the price of your ticket, but we
require that you advertise it as a $26.27 ticket, and not a $25
ticket, so there's no ugly surprise for your audience.

(Well, of course, there's also the fact that it's made by the same
awesome people who made QLab, but I digress ;-)

Anyway, Tixato isn't my day-to-day responsibility, since I'm on the
QLab/QCart support side of life, but if anybody's interested in
finding out more, email support at tixato.com, and Lola and Cricket will
get back to you with all the details you could possibly want!

Best always,
Andy