[SML] Upgrading dimmer racks

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:35:52 UTC 2015

Dear Bill,
The power requirements for lighting instruments is going down, with LEDs
and increased efficiency instruments, as the need for more
dimmer-per-circuits is going up. How about a single rack of 96 dimmers of
1200 watts each?
/s/ Richard
_________

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Bill Nelson via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> The local theatre may finally have some money to replace our ancient AMX
> dimmer packs and I am looking for some advice and rough cost estimates.
>
> I would like to get a rack with a capability of at least 48 dimmers - 96
> would
> be better. Depending on cost, we might start out with as few as 24 dimmers
> (the current level) and add more as funds become available.
>
> Possible funding is around $20,000 and I would prefer new equipment if
> possible.
>
> DMX control is mandatory, network control capability would be a nice bonus.
>
> Also, does anyone have an idea how much it costs to upgrade the building
> electrical service? I don't know if what we have would handle 96 dimmers.
>
> Bill

/s/ Richard
_________