[SML] Upgrading dimmer racks

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue Feb 24 01:29:49 UTC 2015

> You are going from 24 dimmers to 48-96? Do you have a surplus of instruments,
> or will you then need more?
>
> 	I’m just speculating, but between a NEW 96 dimmer rack + additional
> instruments AND electrical service upgrade … at this time might it be
> better to get a few 4-pack dimmer units and some LED instruments instead??

We have a large excess of incandescent instruments and a distinct shortage of
dimmer circuits. Currently, I am using several of my own NSI portable packs to
supplement the existing 24 house dimmers.

Decent LED fixtures are very expensive. I don't see the theatre purchasing any
in the foreseeable future. More likely is that the theatre will insist on
purchasing used incandescent fixtures (such as Source 4) as others with more
money convert to LED's.

Bill