[SML] Upgrading dimmer racks

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Mon Feb 23 21:44:16 UTC 2015

We are at an awkward transition stage between incandescent and LED
lighting.  I have plans for a small new facility and decided to go all
smart LEDs.   No dimmer rack at all.   (Well, maybe one portable one
just in case for specials.)    What the LEDs cost is balanced by not
having to buy a dimmer rack and the wiring for it.

For an existing facility  I'd make all new lights smart LEDs.   This
will reduce the power needed for the dimmer rack and you can probably do
circuit breakers off of there to the new lights.